Friday, February 2, 2007

What's going on?

Sooooo why is the Big Lady back, you wonder? Because I'm booored and I'm lazy and I didn't have the courage to find something to write about this week-end. And it's been the same story for three weeks in a row. Not that I don't like to fill my time with books, actually the books I've been reading were so good that they plunged me into a state of social weirdiness and de-connection. Reading-fucked-upiness might be the right word. Fucked-upiness is a word I invented to describe my general psychological state and it made Matt laugh so I think it's pretty accurate.

So what's the plans for this week-end? Brett Dennen is at the Green Room on Sunday night. She, sorry, he plays a pretty laid-back folk music which quite suits a sunday evening mood. As for the lyrics, I don't listen to them. Which French person understands English anyway? But don't fall asleep.
Grizzly Bear will be playing at the same time a few meters away, at Main Hall, so you'll have to choose.

Josh Ritter is not coming to Montreal cause nobody booked him. WHAT HAPPENED? He comes here every year in February, it's not difficult to remember! He will be playing in Ottawa on February 13 an 14, so whoever wants to go there that night (and just that night cause I have classes the days after) tell me.

Hey, the new album of Norah Jones is CRAP. People, please stop listening to what people tell you to listen to. I think it's cool that she did "My Dear Country" though.

No comments: