Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It's not even my favourite band!

6:45. My alarm-clock rings. The weather woman announces -29 for this morning. I hear my roommates Julie and Linda get up so I force myself out of bed. After a quick breakfast, we dress the most warm as possible. No shower. We leave.

7:40. We arrive at L'Oblique, rue Rivard. There's already a pretty big line-up, but certainly not 50 people. Several people are wrapped into thick blankets, some brought chairs to be more comfortable. We head to the end of the line. "Actually I think I'm the 5oth," says the guy in front of us. What? How do you know? Did you count? How is that possible? He says someone in the line had the good idea to give informal tickets with numbers to people so that they can go home and nobody can cheat. He shows us his piece of paper: 48-49-50.
I still want to interview people as was planned for an article, except that part of the idea was to write a review of the show. But people are not really talkative, they don't even know why they like Arcade Fire. And I have to get my right hand out of the glove to push the record button, after 2 minutes my hand hurts from being cold.
Most people arrived around 5 but the first ones are there since 3 in the morning. Worse, since 11 last night they've been checking the street regularly.

8:15. So we go back home, completely frozen. I'm not sure I could've stayed in line anyway, it's too cold. I won't come back tomorrow or the days after. I saved 25 bucks!

Update
15:30. I arrive at Concordia downtown to buy mini-discs. I have to hurry up cause I'm late for my class. In the computer store, I see my friend Lucia and tell her what happened this morning. "But I know the guy who organizes the show, maybe I can call him to get you some tickets!" she replies. We leave the store and she dials the guy's number. I don't say anything, but I want her to stop. He's going to laugh at her. The show has been sold out for months, I bet he wouldn't even let his girlfriend enter the venue. I feel bad, I'm gonna be the naive girl who thinks she can get tickets at the last moment.
Under my eyes, Lucia gets me a deal for Thursday night. She didn't even push it. Just a question and an answer. I have to give flyers to people at the end of the show and I'll be able to see it before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben ça sert d'avoir des relations!! Surtout pour aller voir un groupe que t'es pas vraiment sûre que c'est ton groupe favori...